Monday, July 13, 2009

Trying to Beat the Heat

With the temps being in the 100's lately we decided to take a day and enjoy Hawaiian Falls Water Park. We went with 3 other families and had such a great time!

Ty had a blast on the big boy slides! His back would be bright red after going down them from "bombing it". I spent a lot of time lounging in the shallow parts, enjoying watching my boys, and chit chatting with friends.

Scott James loved the kiddie section where the water only came up to his calves. He had freedom to walk around, play in the water falls and splash areas, push buttons, watch other kids and his favorite thing-- the slides. There was one slide we could take him down on our laps and we did that quite a few times, but the other slide that was *small* enough for him, you had to go down separately. The first time I was nervous about Ty sending him down, but he loved it and wanted to do it immediately again. I didn't have my camera, so we went back at the end of the day so I could film it. By the time I we came back and got a video, he was exhausted, so he doesn't show the same enthusiasm he had earlier in the day. It is crazy how daring my little serious boy is. Not at all like I was as a child! I was nervous to even walk to close to the curb.

Since we were at a water park I didn't have my camera with me for the most part, but I did manage to get some pics at the end of the day. Here are a few of them. And then below this post is the video clip of SJ on the slide.








4 comments:

Kevin and Allison said...

What a crack up! He is so cute and so daring! Guess he takes after his dad..

Kevin and Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathie said...

What a fun day! I am glad you have found places to stay cool especially while you are prego. Scott seems to be so much like Ty.

jana said...

I can't STAND how CUTE your family is! You guys have so much fun together. Benjamin is so lucky to join your clan. I am looking forward to seeing you all soon. LOVE YOU!